Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all iMessages after 9.3.1 update.

Is this a known issue? Can my messages be restored?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2016 10:18 AM

10 replies

Apr 1, 2016 1:07 PM in response to JCove98

JCove98 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I have turned my phone off and back on, and the messages that I have received after the update also disappeared. Definitely another glitch in 9.3.1.

Sorry it's not an IOS glitch, if it was then people who updated to 9.3.1 would also be in your situation, but you're the only one.

I've told you how to retrieve them back.

Apr 1, 2016 1:23 PM in response to JCove98

JCove98 wrote:

I do believe that this is an iOS glitch, as I'm also having issues with the sound/notifications when receiving messages. I have seen other questions posted for the same issue, related to iMessage.

If you believe that is so true, then I suggest you set up an appointment with the Genius bar and take it to the Apple store.

May 4, 2016 11:58 AM in response to clarkkent

clarkkent wrote:

razmee209 is both arrogant and wrong. This problem has happened to many, including me (two iphones). And razmee fails to state whether the imessage app is not lost, or the imessage messages are not lost. Ambiguous answer and phrasing.

None of my message whether it be SMS/MMS or imessage have been deleted when I update my devices 9.3.1.

I even told the OP to take the phone to the Apple store and have the people at the genius bar take a look at it.

It isn't a glitch otherwise all 40 plus attorneys that I work for would be complaining about it since I updated all their iphones and ipad to 9.3.1.

Lost all iMessages after 9.3.1 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.