Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sync nike data to nike+ on ipod nano 7G

Hi,

I'm using my ipod nano7 for 3 yrs, but I never synced the nike app data.
But I started running. I want to sync the data to my nike+ profile.
I'm not getting any pop up in itunes asking if I want to sync the nike data.

Please help.

Thank you

iPod nano (7th generation)

Posted on Apr 1, 2016 9:22 PM

10 replies

Apr 1, 2016 10:48 PM in response to T.Das777

Check on the iPod's settings screen in iTunes... Select iPod in iTunes (click its device button horizontal bar to show the iPod settings screen. Along the left side (in the sidebar), under Settings, do you see Nike + iPod? If you do, click it. Do you see a setting there to initiate sending data to Nike+? Mine is already set up (with my 5th gen iPod nano), so I don't remember what it looked like before.

Apr 2, 2016 12:02 AM in response to T.Das777

It does not appear on any of the iTunes preference tabs; those are related to iTunes (the app) in general, not the iPod. But on the first screenshot (which are the settings for the iPod), in the sidebar, under Settings, as the last item, it should show Nike + iPod. However, that item may not appear there unless you have workout data on the iPod. Have you recorded at least one workout on the iPod?

Apr 2, 2016 1:48 AM in response to T.Das777

You have your iPod set to Manually manage music and videos (instead of using automatic syncing). If you have not already, click the Sync button (on the iPod's settings screen in iTunes), to see if that action is needed to sync your workout data. If that existing workout data is old (from before the previous time you connected the iPod to iTunes), you may need new workout data. Also, on the iPod's Summary settings screen, there's a button for Reset Warnings. See if clicking it makes the Nike + syncing message/option appear the next time you have new workout data to sync.

I don't recall needing to set or change anything to start sending workout data to the Nike + web site. iTunes prompted me by asking the first time I had workout data on my iPod nano (after my first run using iPod), and I just set it up (including creating a Nike + user account). The user guide

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_gui de.pdf (on page 38)

sounds like what I did.

If other solutions do not help, you may need to try a Restore on the iPod. This erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Your existing workout data (on iPod) will be erased. After the Restore, iTunes treats the iPod like a new iPod, so any existing settings related to Nike + on the iPod and in your iTunes library should be reset to default.

Apr 2, 2016 2:50 AM in response to T.Das777

Well, you could use it for recording your walks. However, since the Nike + website tabulates your workout data and tells you things like average pace (for the week, month, all...) and when you achieve a fastest mile, it makes more sense if all of your workouts stored on the Nike + website are from your runs (or all from doing walks).

Thanks for reporting back with the outcome. If I see someone else asking the same question, I know the question to ask FIRST next time (instead of last). 🙂

how to sync nike data to nike+ on ipod nano 7G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.