Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to import Numbers file into Google

how to import Numbers file into Google Docs

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2016 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi Loren,

I understand you want to import a Numbers file into Google Docs. I'm not familiar with Google Docs, but I did find a support page that explains how to import spreadsheets.

Importdata setsand spreadsheets

Since I don't see a .numbers file type listed in this support article, you may have to save your Numbers document as an .xls format. You might need to confirm this with the article's author first. But if you need to convert the file, you could use Numbers for iCloud and email an Excel version of the Numbers spreadsheet to yourself.

Numbers for iCloud Help - Send a copy of a spreadsheet in an email message

Send a spreadsheet in an email

1. Do one of the following:

• In the spreadsheet: Click the Tools button User uploaded file in the toolbar, then choose Send a Copy.

• In the spreadsheet manager: Select a spreadsheet, click the Settings button User uploaded file in the toolbar, then choose Send a Copy.

Note: If you’ve uploaded a Numbers ‘08, Numbers ’09, Microsoft Excel, or CSV spreadsheet into Numbers for iCloud, you need to open it in Numbers for iCloud before you can email it.

2. Click a format option: Numbers, PDF, Microsoft Excel, or CSV.

3. Click Email, then type one or more email addresses.

4. Click Send.

Hope that helps ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2016 12:29 PM in response to Loren Hillebrand

Hi Loren,

I understand you want to import a Numbers file into Google Docs. I'm not familiar with Google Docs, but I did find a support page that explains how to import spreadsheets.

Importdata setsand spreadsheets

Since I don't see a .numbers file type listed in this support article, you may have to save your Numbers document as an .xls format. You might need to confirm this with the article's author first. But if you need to convert the file, you could use Numbers for iCloud and email an Excel version of the Numbers spreadsheet to yourself.

Numbers for iCloud Help - Send a copy of a spreadsheet in an email message

Send a spreadsheet in an email

1. Do one of the following:

• In the spreadsheet: Click the Tools button User uploaded file in the toolbar, then choose Send a Copy.

• In the spreadsheet manager: Select a spreadsheet, click the Settings button User uploaded file in the toolbar, then choose Send a Copy.

Note: If you’ve uploaded a Numbers ‘08, Numbers ’09, Microsoft Excel, or CSV spreadsheet into Numbers for iCloud, you need to open it in Numbers for iCloud before you can email it.

2. Click a format option: Numbers, PDF, Microsoft Excel, or CSV.

3. Click Email, then type one or more email addresses.

4. Click Send.

Hope that helps ...

Apr 11, 2016 6:32 AM in response to AppleJoe

Google uses a third-party unzip tool that senses that Pages v5.5.3+ or Numbers v3.5.3+ documents are single-file format (zipped, renamed) documents, and will automatically attempt to unzip them. The same Google software was trained to know that Word (.docx) and Excel (.xlsx) documents are of similar zipped, renamed design and will not attempt to unzip them.

Export your Numbers documents as Excel .xlsx files, and Google will treat them with respect.

how to import Numbers file into Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.