Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes: no more support for Aperture / iPhone sync??

Hi,

I can't choose the 'Aperture'-option in iTunes (12.3.3.17) for syncing images / albums to my iPhone anymore.

It now only offers 'Fotos', the 'new' app which doesn't do the job for me.

I have attached a screenshot (German only, sorry).

Is it a configuration problem on my side? Or did Apple stop the integration of Aperture in iTunes??

Thanks for help - Jan

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), iTunes 12.3.3.17 and Aperture 3.6

Posted on Apr 1, 2016 11:25 PM

7 replies

Apr 2, 2016 2:51 AM in response to jankyy07

I cannot test this with the same iOS version you are using, because I am using a hotel Wi-Fi right now and don't want to risk an update while traveling.

Have you waited long enough? Sometimes it takes a long time for all photo libraries to appear in iTunes. Try to quit both Aperture and iTunes and see if the problem persists, after you restart the Mac. Is your Aperture library on a drive with a supported file system (MAcOS Extended (Journaled) )

It may help to remove the iPod Photo Cache from your Aperture Library. iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

As a work around, export the albums you want to sync as a new Aperture Library and then open that library in Photos for Mac, so you can sync them from Photos to your iPhone.

iTunes: no more support for Aperture / iPhone sync??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.