Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE model A1723

I want to buy an iPhone SE, but the only one that comes sim free is the model A1662. This model is not compatible with the 4G LTE bands used in my country (B7 and B28). So, I need the model A1723. How can I buy this phone sim free?

Thanks,

Posted on Apr 2, 2016 8:36 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2016 8:16 PM in response to nicolas241

I just bought an iPhone SE A1723 at full price and the Apple store representative told me it is unlocked. It come with a Spring SIM. I turned on the iPhone and setup is smooth. I then tried my prepaid H2O Wireless SIM card (use AT&T network) and the voice call works. So it is in fact a "sim free" even though it comes with a Spring SIM card. It is unlocked so you can use with other carriers (such as prepaid plan).

May 4, 2016 8:24 PM in response to nicolas241

nicolas241 wrote:

I want to buy an iPhone SE, but the only one that comes sim free is the model A1662. This model is not compatible with the 4G LTE bands used in my country (B7 and B28). So, I need the model A1723. How can I buy this phone sim free?

Thanks,

It's advisable to buy in the country you live in.

Warranty & services are only valid in country of purchase.

May 11, 2016 7:28 AM in response to henryhjia

I got one non-contract iPhone SE A1723 from BestBuy as there were no available at Apple store. I am now in Europe for two months and it is not working with other operators. It is giving me message "SIM NOT VALID" . It came with not registered sprint card and i can activate the phone only with it. Sprint told me that they can't unlock it, if i dont have account and phone number with them 🙂 . So now i have a useless phone.

iPhone SE model A1723

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.