Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop iPhone 6 home and lock screen from draining battery after ios update to 9.3.1.

My iPhone 6 updated the ios to 9.3.1. Never a problem before, it now shows that the home and lock screen are using 78% of my battery. How can I fix this? Please help me. Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2016 7:29 PM

11 replies

Apr 2, 2016 8:13 PM in response to ManSinha

Yes it is draining faster than before. I am an infrequent user. I have no apps other then those it came with and I deleted a lot of those. This has never been a problem until this update to ios 9.3.1 so I think it changed some setting. The only notifications I get are for emails, occassional text messages, and even rarer phone calls. Until this update the battery would last 48 hrs. Now it won't get 10. I know it means the home & lock screen are using it, but what do I do to stop that?

Apr 2, 2016 8:17 PM in response to bryan.vance

I have changed nothing. Would that update to ios 9.3.1 change things? Up until three days ago I could get 48 hours out of the batter. Then the update. Now I can't get 10 hrs. I am an infrequent user. I have no apps other then those it came with and I deleted a lot of those. This has never been a problem until this update to ios 9.3.1 so I think it changed some setting. The only notifications I get are for emails, occasional text messages, and even rarer phone calls. Until this update the battery would last 48 hrs. Now it won't get 10. I know it means the home & lock screen are using it, but what do I do to stop that? How do I change the screen lock time? I know how to change brightness. Thank you.

Apr 2, 2016 8:34 PM in response to Lynnhaynes

This might be obvious but you didn't say you tried it. Have you tried a force restart? Hold sleep/wake (some call it power) button and home key together until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds) and see if power usage improves.

If that doesn't do it, you could Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will not cause data loss.

Jun 26, 2016 9:37 PM in response to jaydisc

It could be that iCloud Photo Library is dutifully moving photos from your iPhone to iCloud. This requires a lot of power to run the radio so long. I believe you can go Setting > Photos & Camera and see if Photos is updating at the moment under iCloud Photo Library. It should at least give you a time when the last upload was completed.

How to stop iPhone 6 home and lock screen from draining battery after ios update to 9.3.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.