Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Restore

I have an Ipod touch that i have had for 2 years now. I only used it for one month when all of a sudden it decided to not turn on anymore. I have tried holding the power button and home button at the same time and so on and so on. Nothing is working. So i contacted Chat Support and they are telling me i need to take it in and pay 100 or more to fix it. none of this is my fault. So i thought if that i downloaded iTunes that i could restore it but under my account it doesnt even show my device. please help.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 2, 2016 7:03 PM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2016 7:08 PM in response to acrisp0829

Do you mean when you connect your device to iTunes on the computer you downloaded it on, your device does not display? If so, then you9 would need to follow the troubleshooting steps that apply to the type of computer you have:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Best of luck,

GB

Apr 3, 2016 12:49 AM in response to acrisp0829

Try the remaining actions of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apr 3, 2016 8:26 AM in response to acrisp0829

acrisp0829 wrote:

I have an Ipod touch that i have had for 2 years now. I only used it for one month when all of a sudden it decided to not turn on anymore.

If the iPod has been sitting on the side for any length of time, the battery will have drained down. At that time, when the iPod is plugged into power, it can take several minutes (possibly up to half-an-hour) before you see any reaction from the iPod.

Therefore, if it has been left for a while, plug it in and wait. Does it eventually respond? If not, try a Reset.

How To Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.