Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB personal hotspot tethering Windows 10 & iPhone 6s Plus not working.

Hi,

I am having trouble using my personal Hotspot via USB with my iPhone 6s Plus and Windows 10.

Personal hotspot works via wifi, iTunes can recognise my device, and so does windows explorer.

When I activate personal hotspot via usb from my phone though, Windows network doesnt pick it up.

There is no new internet connection detected.

I think this is a driver issue on windows 10.

Anyone have ate any ideas on how to fix it?

I've already done several restarts of both phone and PC, plus a uninstall, reboot, install again of iTunes

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Windows 10, 64 bit, updated

Posted on Apr 2, 2016 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2016 12:58 AM

Try to manually update iPhone driver in Device Manager while tethering turned on. Just specify location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\NetDrivers User uploaded file

20 replies

Apr 4, 2016 9:47 PM in response to Yodaman22

My personal hotspot stopped working altogether immediately following the 9.3.1 update on my 6s+. It does not appear to have any correlation to Wondows 10. i use my hotspot daily for business, and it worked fine (although often finicky) on Windows 10 with iOS 9.3. It often required turning the hotspot on / off a few times before Windows would recognize it. I get nothing now when I enable it. No blue banner at the top, and certainly no available connection with Windows 10. It looks like Apple botched something again. I was curious, were you able to get yours working?

Oct 3, 2017 11:28 AM in response to tagsquadsnp

THANK YOU! Although I couldn't read the text in the image, your one sentence instruction, "Try to manually update iPhone driver in Device Manager while tethering turned on. Just specify location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\NetDrivers ," told me everything I needed to know...and I had already tried for TWO days to get my personal hotspot work with my new computer at work!! Thank you, again!

Apr 16, 2016 1:13 AM in response to tagsquadsnp

hi

You’ll need the latest version of iTunes installed on your Windows PC to do this, as it includes the appropriate drivers. Enable Personal Hotspot on your iPhone and then connect it ot the Windows PC using a USB cable. Your Windows PC will be able to use the iPhone as a network connection, just as a Mac could.

This should automatically configure itself if you plug your iPhone in with Personal Hotspot enabled. You’ll see the network connection appear as an “Apple Mobile Device Ethernet” connection.(in the network connection pane)

I HOPE I HELPED YOU

HAVE A GREAT DAY

REGARDS - Aditya

Jun 11, 2016 6:51 PM in response to Yodaman22

We are also having this issue with my mother-in-law's iPhone 6 and Windows 10. When she was visiting 2 weeks ago, we updated to iOS 9.3.2. When she got home, she tried getting on the internet with her Lenovo ideaPad 500, running Windows 10, and, even though the computer detects the phone when it's plugged in (you get the audible connection alerts and the phone will show up as a device in the system settings) iTunes doesn't see the phone and no network connection gets established. There were Windows updates that applied to her laptop while she was here and connected to our network. It is entirely possible it's Microsoft's fault, but we have no way to test, since all phones in our possession are at 9.3.2.

We can get the computer to connect via the WiFi hotspot, but my mother-in-law is not technologically literate, and even I can't get Apple's WiFi hotspot to work/connect consistently on any device without being cajoled.

If someone finds an answer either way, I'd love to know since this is her only internet connection when she's not visiting us.

Oct 2, 2016 5:26 AM in response to Yodaman22

I had the same problem and this is what I did step by step

1. Plug in iPhone to laptop/pc

2. Turn on personal hotspot using USB only

3. Go to Settings on windows 10

4. Go to Devices

5. Go to connected devices

6. Click on the remover driver on iphone driver unavailable

7. Update driver

8. Manually update driver

9. Browse

10. Select Net driver folder

11. Manually update

12. Should connect

USB personal hotspot tethering Windows 10 & iPhone 6s Plus not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.