Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download Star Wars The Force Awakens iTunes extras?

I purchased Star Ware The Force Awakens in HD today from the iTunes store and I cannot play the extras (the documentary etc).from the link within the itunes store.

I can see a menu for the extras with the extras content listed but I cannot click any item to playback... they seem like static menu items and not playable/not clickable.

I also do not see the iTunes extras for this purchase in any of my apple folders on my computer... I just see the actual main movie fie.

Am I missing something?

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 3:38 AM

6 replies

Apr 5, 2016 2:41 PM in response to rlc_canada

I was having the same issue...after contacting Apple chat support...they told me that the movie extras for Star Wars The Force Awakens, were available to stream in iTunes as it is stated in the movie description below the price...but it didn't state anything about downloading them...that is bad news for me because I didn't read that before purchasing the movie and I really wanted all the contents to be available offline also.

May 15, 2016 7:48 AM in response to ramcneal

Hi.

I had the iTunes Extras offline. I was told that the extras are just hidden.

However, they are gone now and I only have the movie. I thought perhaps I had somehow deleted them so I downloaded the movie but no Extras.

ramcneal wrote:

I had problems playing the iTunes Extras. From the store I could see the Extras features, but as noted the display is static. From "My Movies" in iTunes the Extras for Star Wars VII wasn't available. On a whim I quit iTunes and restarted it. At that point the Extras features was available on my purchase. I hope this helps someone.

Are you talking about the menus? I was expecting some form of motion menus but all there is is the movie poster image on the main page and a star field in the Extras section.

May 15, 2016 11:00 AM in response to NeddySeagoon

I just checked and I see am able to watch the extras. Here's what I did. From within iTunes select "My Movies". Click once on Star Wars which then expands and displays the plot summary, cast and crew information. At the top of that expanded area and to the right there are several small symbols. One is a heart, an icon for forwarding information about the movie, and finally the "iTunes Extra" button. Select that and you should see what you're looking for. I hope this helps.

How to download Star Wars The Force Awakens iTunes extras?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.