Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded. Started happening right after this last security update.

Ever since the last update security update a few says ago. There are several sites that I will get the error" A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded" and it does not ultimately load the site. This is in Safari. The sites will open up in Chrome just fine. I tried deleting cookies and cache. Restarting browser.

Version OS X 10.9.5

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 1:52 PM

They may happen if you have third party ad blockers installed either as a Safari extension or third party plug-in.

How to instructions for troubleshooting here.

11 replies

May 5, 2016 8:25 AM in response to kim standley

Why has Apple "recommend" this answer, when they know full well the problem is with them and safari, it is not third party ad blockers. Every single person I have ever met, who has had an apple product, have all had this issue. Apple don't seem seem to care because people still buy there crap. Why don't Apple formally address this issue instead of passing the blame.

May 28, 2016 10:37 AM in response to Eric Root

Actually I have just had the same problem, and have found a security software recommended by banks in the UK has been causing it - I submitted this problem report to Trusteer, who distribute Rapport:

Rapport is causing safari pages to reload unsuccessfully with the recurring message “A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded“. This happened right after updating OS X to 10.11.6 Beta (15G7a)

I disabled it in system preferences and the page zapping, heating, and battery drain from the processor going hot trying to reload pages, have all stopped.

I can't say this will work for anyone else, but it has proved to be the fix for me...

A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded. Started happening right after this last security update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.