Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound problem after update ips 9.3.1

After update ios 9.3.1 my phone have a problem with sound. My alarm and ringtone not ringing. My phone model ip5s

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1, Sound problem after update

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 10:01 AM

7 replies

Apr 6, 2016 7:51 AM in response to jfromimperial

Yes, I have the same problem. Iphone 6. 9.3.1 Late to work two days in a row because my alarm decided to only vibrate, no more ringtone. Upon troubleshooting that, realized that I cannot get any sound from my phone now except with headphones. It will only vibrate. Restarted phone, closed down all apps, etc. Didn't make any recent changes to my phone other than taking the latest ios update.

Apr 14, 2016 10:13 AM in response to mfirdaus386

I am also having the same issue with no sound alerts or phone ringing after upgrading to iOS 9.3.1 on my iPhone 6. The Applecare rep I spoke to this morning had not heard of this issue and said it was uncommon. Apparently not. I tried fully restoring my iPhone, which is a pain in the ***, since I now have to redownload all the apps it could not restore from back-up. I still have the problem.

Apr 28, 2016 9:02 AM in response to njdhulin

As of this morning the problem is gone. Very strange - my alarm went off this a.m. and only vibrated - the same problem I've been having for weeks. Then, a couple hours later as I was riding the train, I received an email and heard an audible tone along with the vibration. I took no action to correct the problem in the interim. All I can think is that one of my apps hosed up the sound for everything else on the phone, and perhaps that app got updated this morning and the bug was fixed as a result. It will remain a mystery - fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. And in response to the post below - the silence switch was definitely not my issue.

Sound problem after update ips 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.