Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Export Size

I have created to videos in FPX 10.2 that I want to combine on one DVD. Both videos were created and edited in 1920x1080 HD. Using Compressor 4.2 to export the video and audio streams I'm using the Apple settings for DVD export to (mpeg-2 and DD AC3). The combined size of the two videos is just barely over the 4.7Gb limit of a standard DVD. I seem to recall in earlier versions of compressor that there were fairly simple adjustments I could make to decrease the size of the mpeg stream without too much adverse affect on the video quality. However, danged if I can remember what I did.

Thanks much...

Carl

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 3.2 GHz Quad-Core, 12 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 12:42 PM

Hi Carl.

The adjustment is the bit rate slider, which is found in the Video pane of the Inspector. Select the MPEG2 Setting in the Batch window. In the Inspector > Video, uncheck Automatic. That will let you drop the bit rate from its default setting to where the combined video can fit.

User uploaded file

Good luck.

Russ

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2016 12:42 PM in response to CarlWhite

Hi Carl.

The adjustment is the bit rate slider, which is found in the Video pane of the Inspector. Select the MPEG2 Setting in the Batch window. In the Inspector > Video, uncheck Automatic. That will let you drop the bit rate from its default setting to where the combined video can fit.

User uploaded file

Good luck.

Russ

DVD Export Size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.