Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 7th gen stuck not recognized in iTunes

User uploaded fileI have an iPod nano 7th gen that i could not get iTunes (12.3.3.17) to recognize on my 2015 macbook pro El Capitan (10.11.4) Would only show up as a disk on my desktop so I used disk utility to erase it. Now it says to use iTunes to restore but iTunes still will not recognize it.

***????

iPod nano, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 5:07 AM

Try putting it in Disk Mode

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Then connect it to your Mac running iTunes. If iTunes picks it up, it may prompt you to do a Restore with a message about "recovery." You need to do a Restore on it, even if not prompted. When you erased it using Disk Utility, you initialized the iPod's storage, so it has none it its onboard storage. Depending on the settings your used for the Erase, it may not be partitioned and formatted properly.

If iTunes does not pick it up in Disk Mode, try restarting your Mac, running iTunes, and trying it again (in Disk Mode) with all other USB devices disconnected (iPod connected to a direct USP port on the Mac by itself).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2016 5:07 AM in response to itzmillertyme

Try putting it in Disk Mode

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Then connect it to your Mac running iTunes. If iTunes picks it up, it may prompt you to do a Restore with a message about "recovery." You need to do a Restore on it, even if not prompted. When you erased it using Disk Utility, you initialized the iPod's storage, so it has none it its onboard storage. Depending on the settings your used for the Erase, it may not be partitioned and formatted properly.

If iTunes does not pick it up in Disk Mode, try restarting your Mac, running iTunes, and trying it again (in Disk Mode) with all other USB devices disconnected (iPod connected to a direct USP port on the Mac by itself).

iPod 7th gen stuck not recognized in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.