Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos no longer syncing

I use Voice Memos a lot, running iOS 6.1.6 on my 64Gb iPod Touch (4th gen) without any problems until I updated iTunes on my iMac (running 10.9.5) to version 12.3.3.17.

Suddenly, Voice Memos won't sync. Clearly this is due to the update. I've done all the usual toggling of settings, etc., which has been known to do the trick in the past, but no luck.

Some of you may remember that this is not the first time syncing Voice Memos has suddenly stopped; there are several long & inconsequential threads about this topic. Usually the problem is fixed with an update; one wonders why, if this is going to be the fix this time, the old fixes keep being overlooked when updates come along…

Anyway: if anyone knows of a workaround for this, I'd be very grateful. Previous suggestions have included renaming or trimming the Voice Memos, but even if these worked, it's not practical to do this for every Voice Memo (as I said — I use this app A LOT).

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 3:50 AM

1 reply

Voice Memos no longer syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.