Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't go to menu

hello sir am buy use iPad 4 16GB Black IMEI: *********. I am restore it now ask I'd and password . Pls help me sir

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3, ********** Imei

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 6:09 AM

If it is asking for an ID and password, then you have encountered Activation Lock. You purchased a used device, and it is still locked to the previous owner. You need to contact the previous owner to remove the device from their account. If you cannot contact the previous owner, then return the device for a refund. You will never be able to activate the device, and it will be useless to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2016 6:09 AM in response to Priyantha.tz

If it is asking for an ID and password, then you have encountered Activation Lock. You purchased a used device, and it is still locked to the previous owner. You need to contact the previous owner to remove the device from their account. If you cannot contact the previous owner, then return the device for a refund. You will never be able to activate the device, and it will be useless to you.

I can't go to menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.