Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a Radio station to my Library or Playlist.

In 12.3.2.35 WIN 8.1 on a HP Notebook. I can do it each time I listen to a particular station, but I can't figure out how to add it permanently in the Library or a Playlist. An iTunes Help page says I can, but it does not tell me how to do it.

HP Laptop

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 9:09 AM

6 replies

Mar 21, 2017 10:27 AM in response to turingtest2

I did this, and when I clicked on what was in the "internet songs" folder (with labels that told me nothing that gives any clue as to what an item is), random songs would play, a Dan Fogelberg, YoYo Ma, etc, .... I really can't stand how they screwed up iTunes....
They tell you can add a station, tell you how to tune it in, but not a single word as to HOW TO DO IT.

And putting it in the "Recently Added" folder, without even saying that's where it is, is not much help... we should be able to add it to one of the categories of the Radio menu, no?

Mar 21, 2017 11:23 AM in response to Saxman

Internet songs is probably a misnomer, since typically they will be Internet Radio Stations, usually playing a particular genre of music. The name is usually that of the station rather than a track, though it is also possible to add links to single mp3 files that are hosted on the web in a way that allows them to be streamed. Internet Radio is different from the newer iTunes Radio service that comes as part of Apple Music.

tt2

Apr 4, 2016 7:15 PM in response to turingtest2

Sorry but this is my first adventure in Internet Radio. I can play this particular radio station from a Desktop link without the help of iTunes. But there are certain advantages to playing with iTunes. The station's Web page provides a URL that I can Copy then Paste into 'Open Stream' in iTunes. That works very well, but I have to do it each time I want to use iTunes to play this station. Dragging to a Playlist is not the issue. The question is - how do I get a radio station into the iTunes Stream list?

How do I add a Radio station to my Library or Playlist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.