Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parental control is applied on admin. account. System doesn't recognize pass!

Hi there helpful people,

I've applied parental control on my admin. account.

When I would like to change some settings on my Mac, it ask me for an admin. account to access settings and stuff..

But the problem is, that OS X keeps denying the access .

Relevant points

- 100% sure of entering good pass and username

- MacBook Pro 13'' mid. 2012

- OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

- I can't make extra accounts because parental control keeps asking for admin. username and pass -_-''

- I have no back-up or something

Please help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 10:31 AM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2016 10:41 AM in response to cxdix720

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives.

See if you can enable the Root User and log in as the Root User. You need to be very careful while logged in as the Root User because you can delete any file and could potentially ruin your system. Create a new admin account so that you can fix your account by removing Parental Controls. Log out and use your normal account. Did I mention doing a backup?

Root User

Apr 4, 2016 11:47 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for you fast response.

To enable the Root User, the guide tells me to open Users & Groups and then to 'click the lock and authenticate as an administrator account'.

The problem is, when I enter my username and pass. It keeps telling me that it's incorrect..

- I can't make any back up trough Time Machine, because again it ask me for admin pass en username

- I can't enable Root User trough normal menu's.

Is there maybe another way to enable the Root User?

parental control is applied on admin. account. System doesn't recognize pass!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.