Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to copy entire section of timeline?

Hope this makes sense.

I was playing around with some camera, text and background movements and ended up with a lot of elements across numerous layers on a project. It came out very cool but now I want to repeat the exact same thing again in the next part of the project... but it's dozens of groups and elements and I don't want to copy and paste each one individually.

Is there a way to copy the entire time line, say from second 0:00 to 0:05 or a marked section of that timeline, include ALL the layers and groups for the time and then paste it into the same timeline or a new one?

Hope that made sense ---- Thanks.

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 1:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 5, 2016 1:33 AM in response to K.B.

Put everything you want to copy into its own group. With the group selected, type "K" to Clone it. Cut the clone to match the trimmed animation you want and move it to where you want the animation to start playback. (Set an out point by typing the "o" key on the frame you want to have it end - [set an "in" point by typing the "i" key if you want to start on a later frame than 0:00]). [You can also "retime" clones to run in reverse, or slowed down, sped up, etc. - retiming is available under Properties > Timing.]

Possible to copy entire section of timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.