Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locked out of ipad

My wife tried to update her ipad. Now it will not recognize her ID and password. when we log into her account it does not show the iPad as one of her devices help

iPad 2, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 1:35 PM

6 replies

Apr 5, 2016 1:57 PM in response to Wendycles

I Hope this will help. Try putting your device in recovery mode and after it's connected to iTunEs, choose to update your device if you havenot already. If you've already updated the device, try restoring it. I hope that you have backed up your device because you won't have to go back to factory setting. Sometimes updating doesn't fix the problem even if you havent updated previously, then you'll have to restore your device anyway. I had to restore 2 of my devices using this method, but I had problems with the passcode. I figured it might help your problem as well. Hope so!!

Apr 5, 2016 3:36 PM in response to Boyd Porter

Thanks for the help. We bought the ipad new 4 years ago. It will not recognize her id and password and with it attached to the computer [and signed into iTunes, it does not recognize that the pad is hers. when we enter in her id and password in the I pad it says this id cannot be used to open it We need to just do a factory reset but I do not know how to do it without being in the setting mode of the ipad. At this point we just want to start fresh

do you know how to do a reset to factory without the pass code?

thanks

locked out of ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.