Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 (9.3.1) dropping connection to hearing aids, will not re-connect. iPad connects just fine. Reboot of iPhone solves problem.

I have Kirkland Signature KS6 hearing aids (by Resound). For the past week or so, I can listen to audio and use the App to control my hearing aids. But after an hour or two, the connection suddenly drops. Trying to shut off bluetooth, open battery doors on hearing aids, etc. etc. does nothing to get the connection back. I tried turning off bluetooth on the iPhone and then turning bluetooth on with my iPad (Retina). The iPad finds the hearing aids and works just fine. But then I shut off bluetooth on the iPad and power down the hearing aids. Trying to go back to the iPhone fails. Putting in new batteries: still fails.

Step 2: Reboot the iPhone. Turn on iPhone and close battery doors on hearing aids. Hey Presto! hearing aids are found, and all relay of audio and control through the app works. This works for about an hour or so of streaming audiobook. Then a little whistle and silence.

Step 3: Reboot the iPhone. Works. Repeat behavior from step 2

Is this a sign that something is wrong with my iPhone? Playing the "blame game" is always hard, but since the iPad always works, I am inclined to think that the hearing aids are doing what they are supposed to do.

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 1:39 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2016 6:11 AM in response to pss

Mine do the same thing, but the hearing aids (Resound Linx 7-61; DRW RIC 509 battery 312) work on the Unite TV Streamer bluetooth connector I have for the television. I've only noticed since the 9.3 upgrade to the ipad including the last update 9.3.1.

Any idea for a fix? I was thinking about getting the iphone so they pair, but will not consider until the issue is resolved.

iPhone 5 (9.3.1) dropping connection to hearing aids, will not re-connect. iPad connects just fine. Reboot of iPhone solves problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.