Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks message - iCloud storage full (but isn't)

Hi,

I turned on iCloud sync for iBooks after upgrading to OS X 10.11.4. Now I get a message that sync is not possible as my iCloud storage is full. But I have a 1TB plan with 650 GB of free space left.

I assume that it is a problem as I have two accounts:

1) The iTunes Store account (myname@mydomain.com), which is older than iCloud is

2) The iCloud account (myname@icloud.com) which has the storage (650 GB space left)

In iBooks I am logged in to my store account (1), which is necessary to buy content. Maybe iBooks tries to sync with this account? Can I setup iBooks to use my storage from my iCloud account (2)?

I am still very confused with all my accounts (actually there are 2 more accounts due to some reasons). There is still no possibility to merge all accounts into one?

Thanks for any input!

Posted on Apr 4, 2016 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2016 9:34 AM

I had this problem, and may have found a solution.

Before finding this thread, I downloaded a PDF to my iBooks from Dropbox and got the warning "your iCloud is full...blah blah". It added the PDF nonetheless. After checking, it shows I have 171GB of space in my iCloud storage.

After reading this thread, I decided to click on some preferences. I have found most problems we have are in the settings.

I clicked on iBooks(top bar)-Preferences-General(pop up window), then on the bottom there is a box: Reset Dialog Warnings [Reset Warnings].

I clicked it, then downloaded another PDF and I got no warning.

Hope this helps.

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2016 9:34 AM in response to MccoQy

I had this problem, and may have found a solution.

Before finding this thread, I downloaded a PDF to my iBooks from Dropbox and got the warning "your iCloud is full...blah blah". It added the PDF nonetheless. After checking, it shows I have 171GB of space in my iCloud storage.

After reading this thread, I decided to click on some preferences. I have found most problems we have are in the settings.

I clicked on iBooks(top bar)-Preferences-General(pop up window), then on the bottom there is a box: Reset Dialog Warnings [Reset Warnings].

I clicked it, then downloaded another PDF and I got no warning.

Hope this helps.

Jun 12, 2016 2:43 PM in response to MccoQy

Same here about 4gb left says I need to delete books and now is loading them to library/yadayada/documents/books/ibooks (sorry can't remember exact path now)

I wonder if only a certain amount is allocated for your own books ? I have a bunch of pdfs and manuals, only have a few bought books. Come on Apple, I don't want to have to use dropbox for eveything.

Jun 18, 2016 1:36 PM in response to MccoQy

Similar issue for me: I have one iCloud account, used on a MacBook Pro and an iPad, with iBooks sync switched on, and not much else. When I try to add a 7 MB PDF to iBooks on the MacBook, iBooks says my iCloud store is full. When I go to System Preferences → iCloud → Manage … → iBooks, it says I'm using ~170 MB for iBooks and the available iCloud space is ~3.5 GB. When I delete the PDF from iBooks on the MacBook, send it to the iPad by e-mail, and copy it to the iBooks library there, it uploads to iCloud from the iPad without problems and then syncs to the MacBook. Obviously an issue with iBooks on OS X.

Aug 5, 2016 11:43 AM in response to MccoQy

I am experiencing the same problem. I planned to move all of my PDFs from GoodReader to iBooks (both use my iCloud account for storage), and it says that I am out of space. I have the 200 GB plan with 176 GB free. Does Apple have a cap on how much iBooks can hold? If so, why? I thought that Apple had folks that answered these forums? The last thing I want to do is wait in line for an hour at an Apple store to talk with someone who has no idea (which, sadly has become the case most times). I have been a loyal Apple user since 1997 but sadly, "the times, they are a changin'."

iBooks message - iCloud storage full (but isn't)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.