Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot configure VPN

I have an iPhone 5C that has the VPN option "stuck". The VPN has a toggle for on and off but when I touch it to configure nothing happens.

I dont have any VPN's setup but when the toggle is slid to on the VPN logo appears next to the carrier name.

How do I configure a VPN if I can't get to the configuration screen?

Posted on Apr 5, 2016 2:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2016 2:18 PM in response to GordonCopestake

Hello there, GordonCopestake.

It sounds like you're want information on setting up VPN on your iPhone. The following Knowledge Base article provides great information for setup of VPN:

iOS: Setting up VPN

Your organization might use Virtual Private Networks (VPN) to allow you to communicate private information securely over a public network. For example, you might need to configure VPN to access your work email on an iOS device. VPN works over Wi-Fi and cellular data network connections.

iOS devices work with VPN servers that support these protocols and authentication methods.

Configure VPN

1. Go to Settings > General > VPN.
  2. Choose Add VPN Configuration.
    User uploaded file
  3. Ask your network administrator which settings to use. In most cases, if you set up a similar VPN on your computer, you can use the same settings on your device.

See the user guide for your device to learn more about configuring your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to use VPN.

Turn VPN on or off

After you create a VPN configuration, the option to turn VPN on or off appears in Settings. When you connect using VPN, the VPN icon appears in the status bar.

User uploaded file

If you use multiple VPN configurations, you can switch configurations using Settings > General > VPN.

Get help

If you can't connect to your VPN, or if you see an alert that says "Shared Secret is missing," your VPN settings might be incorrect or incomplete. If you have questions about what your VPN settings are or what your Shared Secret key is, you should contact your network administrator or IT Department.

To learn more about VPN, contact iPhone Business Support or visit the iOS IT page or Apple iOS Developer Library.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Cannot configure VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.