Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SE poor muffled sound quality 9.3.1

New iPhone SE has terrible sound with choppy, distant quality. Low volume.

system sounds that aren't working include camera shutter(no sound) FaceTime ringer.

I went to Genius Bar and they told me it was environmental and not hardware issue.

Tried hart reset, restore, switched notice cancellation, changed from LTE to data.

IOs 9.3.1

2 new iPhone SE 64gb

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2016 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 7:41 PM

I had the same problem with the shutter sound, you have to turn off live photos to get the shutter sound. At the top of screen youll see the live photos option while taking a picture, unclick it and your shutter sound will return. Looks like a bullseye

4 replies

Jun 27, 2016 4:19 PM in response to Gfbumble

I'm experiencing poor sound quality as well. I upgraded from iPhone 4s and notice that its very hard to hear on the iPhone SE. Maybe everyone uses a headset or text these days so they don't notice how poor the sound quality is on this phone. I exchanged the phone thinking it was faulty but the new replacement sound the same. I think they used cheaper parts for the new iPhone SE?

SE poor muffled sound quality 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.