Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!>>"Your disk could not be partitioned" (MORE COMPLEX PROBLEM)

I decided to reinstall my Windows 7, so I delete the Windows partition and then put my disk into 1 single partition... I downloaded the support software from Apple, it saved it by itself, I did not download ISO for Windows because I have it already.... But for some reason, I may have clicked the 'install' button in the "create a partition for Windows" screen and It was not divided like what I want, so I pressed cancel right after my Mac was greying out to boot into the windows installer thingy. It did boot, but it shows (something like this) after instead of the 'windows is loading files' thingy: "No bootable devices was found, insert one and press any key." So I did insert my 'wininstall' USB in but when I pressed a random key, it does not do anything.... I restarted my Macbook and it keeps showing up that screen. I restart my Macbook again and hold alt/option key to be able to access to OS X. I have followed this guide (except for the 'technical' method) but it also does not work. I have checked the disk utility to erase the windows partition but there is none 😟 Please please please help me! I might have corrupted something 😟

BTW here is the picture that it shows when I can't make a partition for windows

Tech: Macbook Pro Retina//Mid-2014//OS.X Mavericks (10.9.5)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), NEED URGENT HELP!

Posted on Apr 5, 2016 9:30 AM

7 replies

Apr 5, 2016 4:30 PM in response to Loner T

I am right in OS X right now. I did it by when my Macbook is booting up, I hold the alt/option key to choose where to go. Although I did not do the 2 procedures up there. And also the only reason I did this is because when I boot up, it shows the 'no boot disk, please insert one' thingy 😟

BTW, please tell me as much as possible if you can because I am in Vietnam and my time is completely different to your time so I am afraid that the delay between replies will be really big. It is possible for you to help me between 5-7PM (Hanoi time)? That would be really helpful! 😉

Thank you so much for the fast reply btw, I really appreciated that 😀

Apr 5, 2016 5:03 PM in response to dabbzapp

The state of the Windows installation is preserved in NVRAM. The current state is what you see under normal boot. If you reset SMC and NVRAM, you should be able to boot normally.

You can temporarily lose disk space, if you cancel at an inappropriate moment. Please do not cancel. You can always use BCA to remove a partition which is the incorrect size.

Please see https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/assistant/6.0/ and follow the steps as shown.

Post when you are ready. You are 13 hours ahead, so the time will work.

Apr 6, 2016 2:26 AM in response to dabbzapp

UPDATE: Hey it is now working, I am installing Windows right now 🙂 For some reason, I got into Disk Utility and start verify and repair stuff. In disk utility in OS X, I can't verify and repair the disk itself and/or the OS X partition so I boot into HD recovery and start to fix the disk. Weird enough, my OS X is resized (it does not use all of the space in my disk) so I fix it to full size and proceed to create another partition for Windows, and it is working! 😀

However, I still want to say thank you to you! You are such a hero for so many people, and they including me. We have been so confused but you totally 'fixed' it! Hope to see you in the future! 🙂

HELP!>>"Your disk could not be partitioned" (MORE COMPLEX PROBLEM)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.