Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download Quicktime version 10 to my iMac OX

How do I download Quicktime version 10 to mi IMAC OS X EL CAPITAN?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 5, 2016 10:38 AM

12 replies

Feb 2, 2017 1:55 PM in response to Old Toad

I have been reading this thread and I also have an issue.

I have QuickTime Player Version 10.4 on my Mac with OS 10.11.6. I have just tried to use it to play an iMovie from a few years back, and it tells me I can't and is prompting me to do the OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 Combo Update! My version of the OS is newer than this one, and I have always done updates, so I don't understand why my QuickTime wasn't updated. What do I do now?

Feb 2, 2017 2:50 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your quick reply. I have gone to Apple and found the DOWNLOAD OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 Combo Update download button. When I click on it, it looks like the download goes directly into my downloads folder, but then the folder in there is grayed out and the white dot in the bar is not moving even after 10 minutes. As if the download is not happening. What now?

Feb 2, 2017 4:25 PM in response to Old Toad

Well, the Combo update finally downloaded into my downloads folder after a very long time! I am following the installation prompts and instructions, but have just reached a brick wall! I am at the Destinations Select and am given two choices. Macintosh HD or OSX El....an Update 251.2 MB available 1.81 GB total.

MY gut reaction choice would be Macintosh HD, but there is a yellow caution sign on top of that window which says " OS X El Capitan Update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update." And the bottom button tells me "to go back". The Macintosh HD has 114.62 GB available, 498.88 GB total. (That is the information below the Macintosh HD destination folder/window.

AS you can tell, I am not computer savvy, and I don't understand this at all. I am afraid to continue. Can you explain what this all means, and what I should do next?

Feb 3, 2017 6:06 AM in response to Old Toad

WE are in rural Ontario...that is not so easy😟. If I just "go back" a few times till I get to the point where I was going to install the combo update, can I just delete the download or somehow "uninstall" the download, and revisit that update at a later date when I can get some help? Would this affect my operating system or computer functioning in any way? Thanks.

How do I download Quicktime version 10 to my iMac OX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.