Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I am recording my iPhone screen with Quick Time Player, how can I record my phone's audio as well?

If I am recording my iPhone screen with Quick Time Player, how can I record my phone's audio as well?

Trying to record the phone audio for gaming videos.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, Trying to record phone audio

Posted on Apr 5, 2016 8:08 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2016 8:03 AM in response to moochiemoochers

Howdy moochiemoochers,

I understand that you're looking to record the audio generated by an app on your iPhone while recording its screen via QuickTime Player. This can be done by selecting the iPhone for both Camera and Microphone prior to starting the recording.

1. Connect your device to your Mac.

2. Open the QuickTime Player app.

3. Choose File > New Movie Recording.

4. Click the Options pop-up menu, then choose any of the following recording options:

• Camera: Choose your connected iOS device.

• Microphone: Choose a microphone if you have more than one microphone available.

• Recording quality: Choose the recording quality. Maximum-quality recordings produce uncompressed files, which can use large amounts of storage space.

Setting

Description

High

H.264 video and 44100 Hz AAC audio

Maximum

Apple ProRes 4444 video and 44100 Hz, uncompressed Linear PCM 32-bit audio

5. Adjust the volume control to hear the audio you’re recording.

6. Click the Record button User uploaded file to start recording, then click the Stop button User uploaded file when you’re done.

To pause recording, Option-click the Record button User uploaded file, then click it again to resume recording.

7. Choose File > Save to save and name the recording.

QuickTime Player 10.x: Record a movie
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22593

All my best.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.