Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't figure out how to take downloaded podcasts already on my computer and place them in the ipod nano.

OK so I am completely new to iPods, iTunes and Apple in general so I would appreciate any advice to take this into account. Previously I owned a Sony Walkman mp3 player. When using it I would go to my favorite pod-casting site, save podcasts to a file folder on my computer labeled "Podcast", then merely click and drag from the folder to the mp3 player.

My question is how do I get the podcasts currently on my computer (not in iTunes but on the computer itself) onto my iPod nano? When I look at the screen of the iPod nano there appears to be a section marked "Podcasts" and yet it seems impossible to click and drag my podcasts into it. They always end up in the music section. AS a result my "Music" area is filled with podcasts and the "Podcast" folder is completely empty. What's the deal?

iPod nano, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 6, 2016 3:19 AM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2016 3:30 AM in response to ResetSmith

I thought it might be helpful if I added some screen shots.

User uploaded file

On the left you can see there is no "Podcasts" under "On my device" even though according to the screen of the iPod there is. Also you can see that the top five "Songs" in the music on my device are in fact podcasts. How do I segregate the podcasts from the music? How do I get those podcasts into the podcast section where they belong?

Can't figure out how to take downloaded podcasts already on my computer and place them in the ipod nano.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.