Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancelled credit card

Hi

I contacted Apple after noticing an unauthorised purchase on my account. The unauthorised purchase was a book. I do purchase a lot of books, but the book that appeared on my statement was clearly not something I would purchase and seriously, I do not remember making a mistake and accidentally purchasing the book. The title and topic of the book was so far removed from anything I usually buy it was quite obviously not purchased by me.. It was a book about dog training called 'Here boy! Step by step to a stunning recall from your brilliant family dog'. When I contacted Apple, their response was to (rightfully) cancel the order and refund the money to my credit card. These two steps I was ok with; however, they also said they needed to remove my credit card from my account as a security measure. This latter step I am very annoyed with and it essentially leaves me unable to make any further purchases with my own money. You see, I do not have another credit card and I am not prepared to obtain another credit card simply to make purchases through the Apple store. Nor should I be expected to given it would appear my account was hacked and thus, this is an Apple issue not mine.

Currently, because I am an avid reader, I am using my partner's credit card details. Obviously this is not an ideal or sustainable solution.

The resolution I would like is for my card to be reinstated. It was Apple's security that was breached, yet I am being inconvenienced because of it.

I don't understand why Apple are refusing to reinstate my card. When I log onto my account and try to enter my card details, it throws me an error message stating the card has been cancelled and can no longer be used. Surely my card can be reinstated and both I, and Apple, could monitor it to ensure there is no suspicious activity.

I have made hundreds dollars, if not thousands of dollars worth or purchases on that card. I am a loyal and responsible customer.

I am really annoyed about this!!!!

Any advice on this situation would be appreciated.

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 6, 2016 5:25 AM

1 reply

Cancelled credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.