Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto update problems/ missing photos and videos! Help!

My phone memory was full so I decided to transfer all the media to my MacBook Air, something which I have done previously without issue.

I synced and then deleted all pictures/videos from my HTC phone (using HTC sync manager) to my MacBook. It said it would save them in iPhoto. After completing the Sync I disconnected my phone and all the content from my phone has been deleted. However, the content does not appear to have been saved on the MacBook! I thought they'd be in iPhoto (which is what it said would do) but I can not open iPhoto because I need to update it. When I try to update it says 'this update is not available in the UK'.

I've looked in the new 'Photos' application and searched in 'Finder' for latest files. I can't find any of the content.

Please help! I had nearly 1000 pictures and they've all vanished! A lot of these were my Wedding pictures. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thankyou.

iPad Air

Posted on Apr 6, 2016 7:30 AM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2016 8:57 AM in response to Yer_Man

Before I started syncing or transferring anything on the HTC Sync Manager app - I went in to the settings of the app and was given three options to tick;

'Import photos and videos from phone to this computer'

'Launch IPHOTO and import photos to IPHOTO'

'Delete photos and videos from phone after importing'

I ticked all three options and then clicked the 'sync' tab. After it completed to '100%' I assumed it had transferred everything as all the content on my phone was gone. I tried to find it on my computer but it wasn't showing up whilst the mac and phone were still connected, but I couldn't. I thought it I disconnect the devices it might refresh and appear but still nothing.

iPhoto update problems/ missing photos and videos! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.