Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any chance to use Live Type

Hi

I used to edit my own stuff since the early G3 days. I started with Prismo Graphics India and then upgraded to Live Type. I have a quick project to do and never bothered to install Motion (nor do I want to have to learn it) Live type 2.1.3 opens in El Capitan and seems to work except for one thing I cannot click on the install fonts button as it is greyed out. Can anyone suggest a workaround

Thanks

Enio

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 2.8 QUAD CORE, ssd boot drive

Posted on Apr 6, 2016 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 5:16 PM

If your template used Live Fonts, you're hosed. Live Fonts don't work in El Capitan and they've been removed from Motion since the introduction of Motion 5. Motion 4 is also dead (you can't even launch it - it has the ⃠ symbol emblazoned on its icon) so you cannot even load up the livetype project in motion and run it. I think it's been over seven years since LiveType was discontinued... Motion is your next best bet. (It's also orders of magnitude easier to use than LiveType... but you still don't get LiveFonts.)

Do you still have access to an older Mac? Running Mavericks (maybe Mountain Lion) or older?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2016 5:16 PM in response to Enio Cordoba

If your template used Live Fonts, you're hosed. Live Fonts don't work in El Capitan and they've been removed from Motion since the introduction of Motion 5. Motion 4 is also dead (you can't even launch it - it has the ⃠ symbol emblazoned on its icon) so you cannot even load up the livetype project in motion and run it. I think it's been over seven years since LiveType was discontinued... Motion is your next best bet. (It's also orders of magnitude easier to use than LiveType... but you still don't get LiveFonts.)

Do you still have access to an older Mac? Running Mavericks (maybe Mountain Lion) or older?

Any chance to use Live Type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.