Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Video Projects On One DVD

Does Compressor Ver 4.2.2 have the ability to burn two or more FCP projects video to one DVD assuming there is enough space?

Can Compressor Ver 4.2.2 be used to burn a DVD with video from iMovie?

I have an iMac, mid 2011, OS X El Capitan, Ver 10.11.4.

Thanks

iMovie (iOS), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 6, 2016 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2016 5:28 PM

Compressor (like FCP) can only create single track videos. If you need to do more, then I would combine them in a single timeline in FCP. You would copy/paste from several timelines to a master timeline – probably incorporating title clips and chapter markers for ease of navigation. (I imagine that iMovie can do this too but I'm not sure.) What is definitely true is that you can export a video from iMovie and then bring that into Compressor to make a movie. (It's combining multiple videos in iMovie that I'm not sure of.)

Post back if you have more questions on this.

Russ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2016 5:28 PM in response to TNNoah

Compressor (like FCP) can only create single track videos. If you need to do more, then I would combine them in a single timeline in FCP. You would copy/paste from several timelines to a master timeline – probably incorporating title clips and chapter markers for ease of navigation. (I imagine that iMovie can do this too but I'm not sure.) What is definitely true is that you can export a video from iMovie and then bring that into Compressor to make a movie. (It's combining multiple videos in iMovie that I'm not sure of.)

Post back if you have more questions on this.

Russ

Apr 7, 2016 4:20 AM in response to TNNoah

Just to point out that the discontinued boxed version of iLife, which is still available from some online retailers, includes iDVD. iDVD is fully functional on Mavericks and Yosemite; some of the menus don't work in El Capitan – or so I'm told. iDVD does support multiple tracks and is a relative bargain as a DVD authoring app. Worth considering.

Good luck.

Russ

Multiple Video Projects On One DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.