Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini to Marantz 1606 - picture is intermittent, flashing, turns on and off

I have a mac mini that i've used perfectly with my hdmi switcher and toshiba tv for a year or so. I recently upgraded the HDMI switcher to a Marantz 1606 and am having problems with my mac mini. All my other sources (Sky +, panasonic blu ray) work perfectly, but the mac mini displays a picture for about 10 seconds and then flashes off. There's no change to the display on the marantz display unit, but the picture goes completely on the tv. If i'm in a menu on the marantz, that disappears too (so it's not just the pic coming from the mac that's going). I've tried different HDMI cables, I've tried different inputs on the Marantz, and I've done an NV RAM reset on the mac mini, all to no avail. Grateful for any suggestions as to what could be the problem, and how I go about fixing it...

thanks in advance.

John

Posted on Apr 7, 2016 12:46 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2016 1:38 PM in response to jpmoriarty

The problem seems to be that with the Marantz between the monitor/TV and Mini the Mini can't correctly identify the monitor.

If that is the case I do not know of a solution.

What model Mini? If you are using one with HDMI and Mini Displayport or Thunderbolt port try using and mini displayport>HDMI adopter assuming you are now using the HDMI port on the Mini

Mac mini to Marantz 1606 - picture is intermittent, flashing, turns on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.