Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is nsurlsessiond and why is it hogging my bandwidth?

Macbook Pro internet connection speed grinds to a halt even though there is no problem with modem or speed. Very frustrating, virtually impossible to use anything that needs connection. Anyone have an idea why this nsurlsessiond process eats so much bandwidth? In Activity Viewer it is constantly uploading and downloading data. Please help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 11:34 AM

nsurlsessiond is the process that is used by iCloud to sync your iCloud Drive/Photos/Contacts/etc between your machine(s) and the iCloud server. A lot of people seem to have issues with it: a simple search for nsurlsessiond on this site will give numerous results, but no quick fixes I'm afraid. Anything that uses iCloud Drive - including third party applications - might be implicated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2016 11:34 AM in response to karien1972

nsurlsessiond is the process that is used by iCloud to sync your iCloud Drive/Photos/Contacts/etc between your machine(s) and the iCloud server. A lot of people seem to have issues with it: a simple search for nsurlsessiond on this site will give numerous results, but no quick fixes I'm afraid. Anything that uses iCloud Drive - including third party applications - might be implicated.

What is nsurlsessiond and why is it hogging my bandwidth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.