Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(video) podcast playing behavior

I have just upgraded from an iPhone 5 running iOS 7 to iPhone 6S running iOS 9.3.1, and have noticed a very annoying change of behavior, when it comes to podcast playback. Hopefully, can be changed / fixed by changing a configuration...

So, the way it used to work (great) for me:

If I had 5 video podcasts, such as:

1. Unplayed (newest)

2. Unplayed

3. Unplayed

4. Played

5. Played (oldest)

and my podcasts were set to play from newest to oldest.

Now, if I played #3 above (iOS 7 on old iPhone), it would play, and automatically stop when done (because next on the list should be #4, but it was already played).

Unfortunately, with new iPhone (and iOS 9) - once #3 is done playing, it automatically starts playing #4... I do NOT like this behavior, but cannot find a setting to change it 😟

Podcasts are being loaded to my phone through iTunes (both old and new iPhones).

HELP!!!

Thanks.

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 10:00 AM

5 replies

Apr 14, 2016 1:34 PM in response to ZachiF

The easiest way is to set Delete Played Episodes ON in Settings.

If you change your view from My Podcasts to Unplayed (at the bottom of the screen) you will only see episodes that you have not played, or not marked as played. The drawback is that the episodes are arranged chronologically based on download/issued date.

(video) podcast playing behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.