Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

making a 16:9 timeline into 1.86:1

Hello all

I have my videos in 16:9, and some of the clip I might need to scale them,

so using "mattre" to achieve the widescreen may make things complecated(I have to do "mattre"after every adjustement)

and I heard about using a "tiff with alpha chanel" to achieve the "1.85 widesceen" look.

I try to find the tutorats but in vain.

Does any one know how it works????

thank you very much

Lucy

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 11:33 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2016 2:21 PM in response to lucyunderground

There are several ways to do this, I prefer to do it with the Widescreen Matte effect that is in FCP, as opposed to using an Image with a Matte.

Here is a quick tutorial -

1) Edit your 16 x 9 material to the timeline -

User uploaded file

Go Effects > Matte > Widescreen -

User uploaded file

and drag it on to the first clip in your sequence -

User uploaded file

Once it applied, click on the Filters tab and set the type of widescreen you want, and use the offset control to move the clip contents higher or lower within the widescreen frame.

Once you have the first clip done, click on it in the timeline to select it and once selected type Command + C to copy it. Click on the next clip in your sequence to select it ( or select multiple clips ) and the control-click on the selected clip and from the drop down menu choose Paste Attributes - the Paste Attributes window will open -

User uploaded file

Check the Filters check box and click OK - the widescreen effect your set up on the first clip will be applied to all the clips you had selected -

User uploaded file

Now all you have to do is to step through your clips and make adjustments to each clips offset (if needed).

MtD

making a 16:9 timeline into 1.86:1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.