Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to access ical archive

Hi! I notice my calendar appointments disappear after a certain time. I assume they go into an archive calendar, but don't know how to access it. If you could help me, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 11:57 AM

Read,

Your question appears to concern Calendar in iOS. If that is the case, check Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Calendars>Sync> select your requirement for event retention.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Apr 8, 2016 2:36 PM in response to Ferd II

Hi Ferd II!

Thanks for your response. I checked that on my iPhone, and changed to sync all events, but not sure that means it will save all events, or archive them in a separate calendar permanently.

I meant my Calendar on my MacBook Pro. I'm assuming the program archives past events when it wipes them out after a certain amount of time. My question is where do I find the archive calendar? Surely a calendar program would not simply erase your appointments without placing them in an archive?

Thanks again for any response!

May 4, 2016 7:44 AM in response to Read660

Read,

There is no native "Archive" selection available on Calendar. IIRC there used to be an event retention selection available in the OS X iCal/Calendar Preferences, but that disappeared.

Besides making the selection on your mobile device which I previously mentioned, there is also a setting on iCloud.com>Calendar>Preferences...which looks like this:

As you can see, I have not checked Old Events "Hide events."

Events on my Calendar Application have been retained since I started to use iCal in 2004.

If you want to you can use Calendar>File>Export>Export...to save individual calendars, or use Calendar>File>Export>Calendar Archive...but the file(s) created will have limited use, and care must be taken if ever used to prevent overwriting current events. Reference: How to back up iCal calendar data - Apple Support.

There is an iCloud.com>Settings>Advanced>Restore Calendars and Reminders, but I do not know the retention period. Reference: iCloud: Restore your contacts, calendars and reminders, or bookmarks / If you accidentally deleted your calendars, reminders, or contacts from iCloud - Apple Support.

There are also some limits on the size of your Calendar data: iCloud: Limits for Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Bookmarks - Apple Support

User uploaded file

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

how to access ical archive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.