Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.3.1 reviews

Is this thing ready for prime time?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 2:58 PM

7 replies

Apr 30, 2016 2:58 AM in response to Astral Traveller

I'm extremely frustrated with this update. Not only did it update automatically (which I made every effort I could to prevent), it's introduced an army of errors to my device (iPhone 5S). My text messages never appear as being "sent" (only "sending"), most apps that I attempt to open immediately crash, my e-mails have disappeared, my contacts no longer have names in my text messages (just the phone numbers), I'm constantly getting logged out of (or am unable to log in to) all services requiring a username and password (YES, THIS ALSO APPLIES TO WI-FI, MEANING I HAVE TO PAY FOR DATA USAGE). Any password I enter comes back as being incorrect, I receive no notifications for texts, my phone no longer rings and only shows notifications of missed calls and, to top it off, I can't downgrade back to the software I had prior to the update. I could ***** and moan about this new "update" for hours but those are the main issues I'm having. To anybody reading this, DO NOT UPDATE TO IOS 9.3.1 UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. If anybody has a link to where I could file a complaint, I'd appreciate it if it could be posted as a reply to this comment.

May 15, 2016 10:59 AM in response to coachrkr

Thanks, good advice. I always wait and check to see the reports and reviews here and at sites like http://www.macworld.com/column/hey-apple-fix-this/

I have upgraded to 9.3.1 without any problems. I like that iOS 9 saves me 2.5 gigs of memory over iOS 8 - more room for my stuff!

Also Apple as of 9.3.1 and OS10.11.4 have finally fixed a security flaw in Safari that was accepting bogus Cypher suites, so with my good experiences in both Updates I recommend upgrading for security reasons. You can check your browser security at

https://www.howsmyssl.com/

Thanks for everyone's input!

iOS 9.3.1 reviews

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.