Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video download quality

i had to change the quality of my downloads so that i may sync them with my old iPod. i followed the directions and moved the new videos in the the trash folder. however i can't figure out how to redownload the videos in the new lower quality format. can you help?

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 4:05 PM

2 replies

Apr 8, 2016 8:12 PM in response to mamcc1977

Your situation is not clear, but if you purchased and downloaded the HD version of a video (movie or TV show), you can keep the HD version and also have the SD version.

To get the SD version, go to the iTunes Store Purchased screen

Download your past purchases - Apple Support

Set it show the video type (Movies or TV Shows) and All. At the bottom right corner of the screen, uncheck the checkbox for Download HD When Available. If you paid for and downloaded the HD version of the video, you should see cloud with down-arrow symbol for the videos. Click it to download the SD version. After download completes, movies with both HD and SD versions should have a "badge" next to their name that says "HD-SD" (when you show your Movies library using the Movie List view).

Apr 8, 2016 8:22 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Additional note: Some recent SD videos seem to be in a "high-quality SD" format that do not sync and play on iPod classic. iPod classic has a maximum video resolution limit of 640x480. Some of these "SD" videos use a resolution that is higher than that limit (typically 853 x something), so they do not sync and play on iPod classic and other video-playing iPods (that are not iPod touch). There is a setting (checkbox) in iTunes preferences Store tab, for Download high-quality SD videos, but it is unclear if unchecking this option changes the resolution of downloaded SD videos (to be at or below 640x480).

video download quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.