Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doe iPhoto want to load every picture my camera ever took when I just want it to download 3 pics?

Why doe iPhoto want to load every picture my camera ever took when I just want it to download 3 pics?

I just have three pics I want to load from my camera usb style to my macbook

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), i

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 4:58 PM

6 replies

Apr 8, 2016 5:02 PM in response to Bobsax

hey Apple FYI

Where is edit?

Here's how it should look.

Why does iPhoto want to load every picture my camera ever took (since update) when I just want it to download 3 pics?

I just have three pics I want to load from my camera usb style to my macbook .

The camera only has 3 pics on it but iPhoto seems to have a memory of every photo I took since I updated to the Latest iPhoto and it wants to load them all onto the page that is for the camera .

Apr 8, 2016 11:20 PM in response to Bobsax

Hy Bobsax FYI

Edit is here

User uploaded file

It's there for 10 minutes after you post. You can edit as long as you start within that time.

iPhoto shows you what's on the camera card or device. It has no way of knowing what you might or might not want to import.

Other than that:

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

May 6, 2016 10:17 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you T

That's a lot of good info.

Wow 9 diff iPhoto versions . I stupidly have the latest on my laptop.

Is the latest supposed to be more integral with IOS?

To bad Apple doesn't give a warning that if you don't have an iPhone or iPad that you may be happier with the older version.

I can't see the logic in the changes they made otherwise?

Oh well

May 6, 2016 12:55 PM in response to Yer_Man

thanks Terance

It's one of those things that is not a big deal. I think I figured it out.

I'm having bigger issues with iTunes at the moment.

The new version of iPhoto completely changed the interface which is awful imo. I was quit content with everything being in events .

this question is answered thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.