Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging water exercise

I am new to the Apple watch and love how it tracks my steps, standing, etc. However, my wife and I spend one hour three days a week in water aerobics where, of course, I don't wear the watch. On those days I spend less time in other activities that the watch does track, so I sometimes appear not to have reached my goals for the day. Is there any app that allows you to manually add this and have the Apple health apps recognize it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 8:25 PM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2016 8:38 AM in response to Jim Lewis

Hi Jim,

Although there is not a specific category for water aerobics, you can add the data manually into the Health app on your iPhone. There is a "Water Fitness" category in the Health Data > Fitness section.

iPhone User Guide for iOS 9

Collect health and fitness data

Collect data from Apple Watch. Once you pair Apple Watch with your iPhone, data is automatically sent to the Health app. For example, to see heart rate data recorded by Apple Watch, open the Health app on iPhone, then tap Health Data > Vitals > Heart Rate.

Collect data from another device. Follow the instructions that can come with the device to set it up. If it’s a Bluetooth device, you need to pair it with iPhone—see Bluetooth devices.

Collect data from an app. Follow the instructions that can come with the app to set it up, then watch for a sharing request where you control whether data is shared with the Health app.

Enter your own data. If the data type item is in your Dashboard, just tap it there, then tap Add Data Point. Otherwise, tap Health Data at the bottom of the screen, tap the item you want to update, then tap Add Data Point.

Stop app data collection. Tap Sources at the bottom of the Health screen, then select the app in the Apps list. Or tap the associated data type item in your Dashboard or in the Health Data list, tap Share Data, then choose the app under Data Sources.

Take care,

Apr 10, 2016 10:58 AM in response to Jim Lewis

Hi Jim

Whilst it is possible to manually add workout data, I'm afraid it is not presently possible to manually add activity in such a way that progress is also credited towards your daily Move, Stand and/or Exercise goals.

If you would like Apple to consider adding that capability, you can suggest it here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Logging water exercise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.