Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is using incorrect Apple ID

According to https://appleid.apple.com all my account details are correct. My iPad, however, insists on presenting an obsolete Apple ID when I want to update apps and, following input of what had been the correct password for that ID, prompts me to try again. I see no way to correct the iPad.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 8:08 AM

Try signing out of iCloud & then sign in with your current Apple ID.

If it still fails try signing in with the password for the current ID.

10 replies

Apr 9, 2016 8:30 AM in response to Doctor9fan

Thanks, Dr9Fan, I thought that had worked, but unfortunately it fooled me, and the login still doesn't work. Pity, because it means I can't update or buy iPad apps any more.

Apr 9, 2016 8:49 AM in response to Doctor9fan

Dr9Fan & Rudegar

Thank you. I have signed out of iCloud on the iPad. I don't have iTunes on the iPad, and I can't see how I can sign out of the Apps Store on the iPad - it's not in Settings, nor is there a login/logout point in the app itself.

Apr 9, 2016 9:31 AM in response to Community User

I have just reset the settings to see what happened and the iTunes & App store entries appeared in Settings. I signed out of AppStore, but so far it won't let me change the ID or use the correct one.

iPad is using incorrect Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.