Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Driver under Windows 10 with Bootcamp

Hello,

I have an iMac 27' late 2012, running El Capitan.

I recently installed Windows 10 on Bootcamp, and everything went fine.

Except for one thing:

No matter what I do, I can't get the bluetooth module running.

Specifically, its called "Bluetooth USB Host Controller".

Code 28, drivers were not installed. there are no compatible drivers.

I tried Bootcamp 5.1.5621 and 5.1.5722 drivers.

I even tried with manipulating the driver file by adding the Hardware ID.

I even tried AppleBluetoothBroadcomInstaller64 from kb.parallels.

This is pretty sad I think, because the reason why I wanted Windows 10, was that two bluetooth headsets I tried to pair with Windows 7, didn't work.

I tried a lot of things, including different drivers, external bluetooth software. no stable solution possible, although magic mouse and keyboard worked perfectly. specifically, i tried the sony sbh20 and nokia bh111.

And another funny thing: Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard work fine under Windows 10 (except for the scrolling function of the magic mouse).

I read the other threads. Essentially, the message was: "We have to wait for the next bootcamp drivers from apple".

Appreciate any help.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Late 2012

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 6:16 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2016 3:06 PM in response to Kamoranesi

Update:

I found a way, how you can install the driver.

First you disable the digital signature enforcement

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/PS3-controller-with- Windows-10/m-p/45306699#M182119

Then you manually edit the Bootcamp Bluetooth driver (AppleBluetoothInstaller64)

Bluetooth Host Controller driver doesn't work

And well... I could FINALLY pair my bluetooth headset. BUT... the sound quality is horrible, and it lags and delays.

Any help would be nice.

Apr 9, 2016 4:03 PM in response to Kamoranesi

I found a way, how you can install the driver.

First you disable the digital signature enforcement

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/PS3-controller-with- Windows-10/m-p/45306699#M182119

Then you manually edit the Bootcamp Bluetooth driver (AppleBluetoothInstaller64) and install it

Bluetooth Host Controller driver doesn't work

I experienced lags and delays. If you just wait about 5 minutes without playing any audio, and then play a song or a youtube video for instance, it appears stable.

Bluetooth Driver under Windows 10 with Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.