Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no home wifi?

My phone will not connect to my home Wi-Fi. My iPad and Mac have no problem connecting and neither does anyone else who comes in to my house. I have reset my router, restarted my phone, and reset my network settings all a countless number of times. Nothing seems to be working!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 7:32 AM

4 replies

Apr 9, 2016 7:37 AM in response to laurenklika

Did you reset your iPhone? Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

Does you iPhone connect to other Wi-Fi locations?

If it does you can be assured the problem is in your Wi-Fi network at home.

If the iPhone will not connect to any other Wi-Fi network there may be a hardware failure in the phone. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have a technician examine your device. Or contact Apple Support.

Apr 9, 2016 12:21 PM in response to laurenklika

General suggestions for Wi-Fi issues, maybe one of them will help….

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Restore the Device (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

Apr 11, 2016 12:36 PM in response to elcpu

I did finally solve my problem. I had tried using the Google DNS settings. That did not work (and was the only one of a zillion suggestions I had not tried). But when I "forgot the network" after that it repopulated the original DNS settings and has worked fine since then. All the other times I forgot the network I had no improvement so I'm thinking that by typing something else in it actually reset something. Anyway, my phone and my husband's phone have kept the WiFi connection since I did that yesterday afternoon. So it's something else to try.

no home wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.