Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD cannot see my Photos

I just got (in the last week) a new Mac Powerbook. I pulled in the files from my old powerbook (2010) via a backup.

I am making sure all my software works before I recycle the old computer. However iDVD cannot find my photos, and I don't seem to be able to add photos to the drop zones on iDVD. In the media pane for iDVD under photos, it says "No media was found." It seems it is not finding my photo library. The library appears to be working fine in the Photos app, but not in iDVD. For what it is worth, I keep both photos and iTunes audio on an external hard drive - but iDVD finds the iTunes audio just fine. How can I make iDVD "see" my photos? Not sure if this is a Photos question or an iDVD question.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 7:53 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2016 7:59 AM in response to Juliana Holm

Where are your photos being managed? iDVD is not able to interface with the new Photos library. So one must export the photos out of a Photos library to a folder on the hard drove and manually add them to the iDVD project.

Or, you can drag a folder into the Media/Photos window in iDVD so any photo added to that folder will be available via iDVD's Media/Photos pane:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iDVD cannot see my Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.