Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boolean operations

Hello,

How to combine shapes with boolean operations in Motion. I try to use the blending mode, but unfortunatly don't works😢

Regards

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 10:42 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2016 2:38 PM in response to Pa911

If you're trying to combine shapes into a single layer, about the only avenue you have is a Clone Layer. You would Group the objects together, then make a clone of the group.

If you're trying to "cut holes" in shapes (or other media), you have to use Masks. You can use more than one mask per shape/object/layer/group. You might have to use Image Masks instead of shape masks in some instances, but it's usually not that much of a difference.

Which are you trying to do? And what effect are you trying to accomplish? Something like this?

User uploaded file

Where you can move the shapes around and the intersection (green) always "follows" the action? Or where there's green, there's a "hole" or cutout?

Apr 10, 2016 10:03 AM in response to fox_m

Hello,

Thanks for your answer 😉

I wanted to visualy explain to my young students with a little video the different results of the booleans operations with a shape moving above 5 other shapes.

Perhaps it is less difficult with Keynote.

Best regards

PS: English is not my native language😕 and I love your work (piano, guitare, éclipse and so on ...)

Boolean operations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.