Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does News show old stories?

News app shows stories weeks or months old. How do I show only recent stories?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 3:59 PM

I'm having the same issue. The feed shows the story like it's only a few hours old. But after you click on it, the date on the story is months (sometimes YEARS) old.

I actually just saw a story about an iPhone 3GS from 2011.

5 replies

May 1, 2016 1:07 PM in response to Fvutvutvtuv

I just read a story from Green Rush Daily about Bernie Sander's view on Cannabis. On my feed it shows the story posted 1h ago, but when I went to read it I noticed that the story was published on July 16, 2015. Today is April 30, 2016, that is 9 1/2 (almost a year!!!) old. that's not news, that's barely even relevant at all anymore. Why Apple? Why?

<Edited by Host>

May 1, 2016 4:42 PM in response to Fvutvutvtuv

Here are two tips to resolve your issue.

1) Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh

make sure that the slider is switched on to enable background app refresh on your device. Then scroll down the list of applicable apps and make sure that the slider for News is switched on.

2) Go to Settings > News

From there, make sure that News is allowed to access Background App Refres by switching the slider to the on position.

Once those two items are set, News should automatically update, even when the app is not open, thus allowing you to view recent content every time you open the app. Best of luck.

Why does News show old stories?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.