Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated to 12.3.3.17 on w10, after which all my music was missing from my iTunes library. I have a cloud next to everything and my CD rips are gone. This music is all still in the iTunes media folder. How do I get it back into iTunes?

I recently updated to 12.3.3.17 on W10, after which all my music was missing from my iTunes library. I have a cloud next to my purchases and my CD rips are gone. All the music is all still in the iTunes media folder, but I can't seem to get it back into my iTunes library. Is there an easy solution? Thanks.

Windows 10

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2016 4:36 PM

See turingtest2's user tip Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

9 replies

Apr 9, 2016 4:56 PM in response to hhgttg27

Thanks but this doesn't work, unfortunately. I only have one previous library file in the previous folder and oddly enough when I copy it into the Itunes folder and then open iTunes, I have the same issue. Only purchases are shown with clouds. No help in the windows restore function either. Looks like I'm going to just have to re-add everything.

Apr 9, 2016 10:03 PM in response to chillywater

I too am having the same problem. But the only problem is when I try to download them all over again the download seems to stop and the loading bar keeps going but nothing gets loaded up here.

And I got a lot of episodes and movies to download, So any advice of how to keep the download from going screwy on me. It be nice if you can give me a hand here

I recently updated to 12.3.3.17 on w10, after which all my music was missing from my iTunes library. I have a cloud next to everything and my CD rips are gone. This music is all still in the iTunes media folder. How do I get it back into iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.