Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has my pull down screen for notifications stop working? Screen from bottom will pull up but pull down does not. IPhone6

Why won't my pulldown notifications screen stopped working on my iphone 6?

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2016 1:11 PM

Hi Nomoitunes,

I understand you are not able to open the Notifications screen on your iPhone 6. Did this feature ever work on your iPhone? What version of the iOS are you running?

To get notifications, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you’re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on, and "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on Lock Screen" are enabled as well.
  2. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID on your iOS device. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and tap Manual if it's turned on.

If you are still unable to swipe down on the Home screen to access Notifications, try restarting your iPhone.

If the issue still persists, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Source:

Use Notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care,

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2016 1:11 PM in response to Nomoitunes

Hi Nomoitunes,

I understand you are not able to open the Notifications screen on your iPhone 6. Did this feature ever work on your iPhone? What version of the iOS are you running?

To get notifications, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you’re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on, and "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on Lock Screen" are enabled as well.
  2. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID on your iOS device. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and tap Manual if it's turned on.

If you are still unable to swipe down on the Home screen to access Notifications, try restarting your iPhone.

If the issue still persists, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Source:

Use Notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care,

Why has my pull down screen for notifications stop working? Screen from bottom will pull up but pull down does not. IPhone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.