Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Klipsch R6i (wired) headphones drops volume without my input

I purchased the Klipsch R6i headphones (wired). I've noticed while playing music from Apple Music and Spotify, the headphones automatically lower the volume without my input. I will place the volume at max, put the phone down, and can actually see the volume drop without any of my doing. In an attempt to remediate the issue, I have done a clean install of the iOS software (v9.3.1) and then restored from a recent backup. The issue still occurs. What else can I do to resolve this matter? Any help will do.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 11:21 AM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2016 12:47 PM in response to Solfuente5

The std 3.5mm mini jack connector sdt os ground, left and right 3 connectors

Ios have support for buttons and mic in moves beyond the std and if you connect a headset which is also moved beyond std and have more rings strange things can happen as you experience a female mini jack to male mini jack commector would keep your non sad headset and non std ios device separated and only audio going though

Though if the headset was made for iPhones then maybe its defect or the iphone conmector is or the headset is not all the way in

Apr 27, 2016 6:45 PM in response to Solfuente5

I am having the same problem with my wired headphones, though a different brand. The strange thing is that I have had these headphones for over a year and the problem has only arisen over the last couple of weeks. The volume starts to fade down to zero after about 15 minutes of playing. Needs a hard restart for those particular headphones to work again, but sometimes the problem is remedied simply by plugging in Apple earbuds. The headphones I am using are in ear monitors with no microphone or remote features.

Klipsch R6i (wired) headphones drops volume without my input

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.