Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot backup or open iCloud drive. Having a mysterious Unknown Data.

Hello.

I have a problem with my iCloud drive recently. Yesterday, I cannot backup my iOS devices to iCloud (iPhone 6 and iPad mini 3 with iOS 9.3.1). So I go to menu "Settings > iCloud > Backup" turn it off and I turn it on again but it keep showing the popup "iCloud Backup Failed".

User uploaded file

I open iCloud app on my PC and I have 49.7 GB available space on my iCloud drive. I go to Manage Storage menu and it's showing that I only have 41.6 GB available space (same as showing on my iPhone). The data on my iCloud drive are 201.6 MB of Backups, 5.1 MB of Mail and Unknown Documents and Data that I cannot view, delete or do anything about it.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Then I switch to iCloud.com. In iCloud Settings I have 49.8 GB free space and yes, I still cannot open my iCloud drive even in iCloud.com. I am so frustrated right now.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I think the Unknown Data on my iCloud drive is my photos. I created folders in iCloud drive and upload maybe 7 GB of my photos in to it about few months ago (manual upload not sync), now all of these photos are missing from my iCloud drive and it seems to be a cause of this problem. Well, any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on Apr 10, 2016 11:56 AM

4 replies

Cannot backup or open iCloud drive. Having a mysterious Unknown Data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.